~North India Highlights - G Adventures~
The Taj Mahal took 20,000 workers and 1,000 elephants 22 years to complete, yet it only takes a moment to recognize its utter beauty. Whether strolling in its serene shadows or walking the streets of Delhi, feel the evocative allure of northern India on an eight-day journey. Learn about the G Adventures-supported City Walk project, spend the night in a traditional village home, and explore the “Pink City” of Jaipur with a local historian.
- Enjoy a youth-led walk through Delhi as part of the G Adventures-supported City Walk project. Later, explore Old Delhi with your CEO before an afternoon drive to Agra.
- Spend the day visiting the highlights of the walled city of Agra including the famed Taj Mahal, Baby Taj, and Agra Fort.
- Drive to Jaipur, visiting the deserted Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri and the village of Abhaneri, which has one of India's deepest and largest stepwells (tank gardens).
- Explore the "Pink City," including the Amber Fort, City Palace, and the Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds). Listen to a local historian/scholar discuss the spirituality, social fabric, customs, and traditions of India.
- Drive to the rural village of Sawarda where you will stay in a heritage home. Exploring this traditional village is like stepping back in time. Walk and meet with locals and explore how urbanization affects village life, modernization and its benefits and disadvantages, as well as simple village customs and traditions.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for booking & more details.