~Explore Jordan - G Adventures~
UNESCO has called the ancient stone city of Petra one of the most precious cultural properties in the world. Experience it for yourself on this eight-day adventure through Jordan’s past and present. Float in the Dead Sea, explore incredible archaeological ruins, take an exciting 4x4 drive into the desert, and walk through the “Lost City” itself after a lecture by a local archaeologist. Live out your Indiana Jones fantasies while discovering the true story of this eternal place.
- Take an orientation drive through Amman and visit the National Museum and archaeological site of the Citadel. Continue on to visit Jerash, one of the largest and most well-preserved Roman ruins outside of Italy.
- Visit the ancient town of Madaba, famous for its mosaics and churches. Continue to Mt Nebo where we are rewarded with stunning views from the summit. In the evening, enjoy a lecture with a local archaeologist to discuss the importance of Petra, and ongoing excavations at this UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Rise early to visit iconic Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enjoy a guided walking tour with your expert CEO, after opt to hike up for magnificent views from the top of the treasury or enjoy free time to explore the site on your own. In the evening, enjoy a cooking demonstration and dinner of local specialties.
- Continue to Wadi Rum in the heart of Jordan's desertscape. Enjoy lunch at our camp and an exciting 4x4 desert excursion into the desert where we pick the perfect spot to watch the sunset. Return to camp for a traditional Bedouin feast and after take a walk in the desert admiring the night sky with a local Bedouin guide.
- Opt to take an early morning camel trek or hot air balloon ride over the desert. Later, continue to the famed Dead Sea. Upon arrival opt to swim and use the natural sea salts and mud as your own personal spa.
- Enjoy a visit to the archaeological site of Bethany, thought to be the site where Jesus was baptized.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for booking & more details.