~Ecuador Mainland & Galapagos - G Adventures~
If you’re already exploring Ecuador on terra firma you’re this close to the eco-lover's paradise: The Galápagos, so we’ve brought both together in one 14-day tour. Start with all the on-land highlights like the Amazon, the stunning landscapes in the Ecuadorian highlands, and get an unforgettable experience at a jungle homestay. Experience the Galápagos aboard the Xavier III where comfy cabins, giant tortoises, and sea lions will have you wanting to jump ship – but only to go snorkelling, of course.
- Travel to Baños and be spoiled for choice with optional outdoor activities like hiking, ziplining, and canyoning. Or, take it easy and relax in the hot springs.
- Travel by bus into the Amazon Jungle. Spend two nights with a local Quichua family at a homestay in a small village. Enjoy nature walks and learn about local culture.
- Spend a full day in the Amazon learning about life at a homestay. Enjoy nature walks and visits with the local shaman.
- Take a local bus to Papallacta and relax in the natural mineral hot pools with volcanic views.
- Fly to San Cristóbal Island. Visit Isla Lobos to spot blue-footed boobies, marine iguanas and sea lions.
- Explore two tiny islands that are big on wildlife. North Seymour offers great views of nesting seabirds, including frigatebirds and Mosquera is home to large colonies of sea lions.
- Visit Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island to witness the giant lava formations contrasting the white-coral sand beach. Continue to Bartolomé Island for a guided tour to see the dramatic volcanic features before hiking to a panoramic viewpoint.
- Disembark in Puerto Ayora and visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to see the giant Galápagos tortoises. In the afternoon, explore Academy Bay on a boat tour. Snorkel with sea lions and walk over a volcanic path to a crystal clear salt water lagoon.
- Visit the highlands of Santa Cruz to see giant tortoises in their natural habitat. Fly back to Quito for a final night in the city.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for booking & more details.