I had been wanting to go to #Thailand for a few years to see the incredible beaches all my friends who had went were talking about. I didn’t want to spend too much money as I already had a trip to India planned. The week prior to my time in India I spent a week exploring Bangkok and some incredible places in the South of Thailand. What I like about travelling with #GAdventures on their 18 to 30 something travel style is that I get to travel with a small group of individuals similar to my age and not feel so much like a solo traveller being so solo all the time. This travel style is for young adults who want a fun adventure that are budget-minded travellers.
Our group in Surat Thani outside of Khao Sok National Park
At first, we were all strangers and at the end, we could say that we did some pretty neat things together like cruising on a longtail boat in the klongs of Bangkok, laying in hammocks along the beachside in Koh Phangan, Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan and stuffing our face on many occasions with delicious Thai cuisine. Having our CEO (Chief Experience Officer) be our guide and travel with us the entire trip helped a lot as we didn’t have to worry about the logistics. Our CEO Bank took us to some really great places and helped us organize our excursions outside of what was included in our package.
Here’s what was included in my G Adventures 8 day Southern Thailand Sojourn adventure package:
*From $799 CAD taxes included per person
- Simple hotels or hostels (5 nights), sleeper train (1 night), simple bungalow (1 night)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Full-day snorkelling trip (Koh Tao)
- Lake Cheow Larn excursion
- Street food crawl
- Beach time on Thai islands
- Your Discover Moment: Bangkok
- Your G for Good Moment: Kao Thep Pitak Community-Owned Farm & Restaurant, Ban Ta Khun
Klong Riverboat Tour – Bangkok