~Natural Highlights of Costa Rica - G Adventures~
Home to volcanoes, lush rainforests, beaches, and unique wildlife, Costa Rica is a celebrated pioneer in protecting natural heritage. Forge your own path through this gorgeous country over nine days of outstanding adventure. Trek across the foot of a volcano to photograph electric blue butterflies, visit a coffee co-op, and search for monkeys while hiking park trails. Get in touch with nature’s best in Costa Rica.
- Visit a G Adventures-supported coffee cooperative with a coffee tour and local lunch. Continue to the adventure hub of La Fortuna. In the evening, visit a local home and learn the art of tortilla making. Afterwards, dig into a tasty “casado” — a typical Costa Rican dish that’s made with black beans, plantains, and the tortillas you’ve made.
- Free day in La Fortuna for optional activities. Challenge yourself with a rafting adventure, canyoneering, or embark on a nature hike.
- Enjoy a nature hike in the Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve. After, visit the Monteverde Institute, which has served as the base for numerous National Geographic-funded explorers and researchers. Enjoy a lecture by one of the researchers outlining the various research and conservation projects that National Geographic has sponsored to support the reforestation of tropical regions. This afternoon, opt to visit a butterfly garden, zipline through the canopy, or go horseback riding.
- Continue to the stunning Pacific coast. Enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of the area with options to surf, go horseback riding, dolphin watching on a catamaran, or visit other nearby picturesque beaches.
- Take an excursion to Manuel Antonio National Park, famed for its stunning beaches and abundant wildlife. Look for monkeys, sloths, and some 350 species of birds.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for booking & more details.