On my last day in Iceland while travelling with Collette Vacations, we spent our time rejuvenating our bodies in the Blue Lagoon which is located outside of Reykjavik.
I spent a good 3 hours in the lagoon. There is a face mask station where you can put a dollop of face mask clay on your hand then apply it all over your face. Here are a few tips for the Blue Lagoon:
- Taking a shower: When you shower before you get into the lagoon, keep the conditioner they supply in your hair if you want to get it wet. The chemicals can be hard on your hair. You can also wear a bathing cap.
- Towel: Towels are not automatically included. Take your own or purchase a towel rental.
- Face mask: Test a small portion of skin and wait a few minutes before you apply it all over your face. This is to make sure you don’t have a reaction to it as my friend did and it was a bit painful for her. My skin however thanked me for it!
- Footwear: You can take your flip flops up to the edge of the lagoon before you get in or wear water shoes. I went barefoot and the surface was smooth and comfortable on my feet.
- Book ahead: This is highly recommended and not advisable to show up without a reservation. You can also pre-book spa treatments such as a massage.